Thursday, February 12, 2009

Joysticks part II!

Street Fighter 4 is preordered.
My new joystick is preordered.
My parts are ready.
Fight night is coming...

So now that I have a new joystick on the way (thanks Yuk!), I've really started updating the template I had on here earlier.  Unfortunately this new joystick, unlike my old EX2, has a little less face real-estate which meant I had to shift some of the characters so their faces could be seen.  This created a problem (especially in Chun's case) where they looked uncentered which weighted the joystick too much to one side.

To remedy this solution I pulled some ink splotches from the internet and fused them into the stick.  Tada!



Let me know what you think.  Personally, I think it's an improvement over the white designs, but I'm not sure I'm quite done with Chun-Li's.  I really want the splotches to look wave-like and I'm not quite sure I accomplished that yet.  I think I will also make the splotches on Viper's arc a little more.

Edit: Congrats Yuk for winning the SFIV CE Cover Contest!  The only "bad" thing about this is that the images on my joysticks are NO LONGER UNIQUE!  (*sad face*)

No comments: